Monday 27 May 2013

Sunday Summary 2

Yesterday (Sunday), we headed up to Steve's parents to spend a few days away from home. They're still in France so it means we have the run of the whole house! 

To start, we headed to Chillingham Castle, apparently the most haunted castle in England (but no, we didn't witness any paranormal activity)!







It was quite interesting reading a recent post by Janine at A Handful of Peanuts, talking about not taking time to enjoy the moment; I'd bought a special offer on Groupon to get half price entry to the castle but when we arrived, they drew my attention to the small print: the offer wasn't valid on that day. We ended up having to pay full price and my excitement of a bargainous family day out was pooped on from a great height. Annoyed is an understatement! Then I stopped. I saw Steve and Ben running round the castle grounds enjoying the sunshine, I looked down at smiley happy Finlay strapped to my chest, I looked at the stunning sunshine that drenched the picturesque castle grounds we were sat in. I was missing the moment entirely. 

Sometimes you need to make sure these beautiful moments aren't lost to sweating the small stuff, that really, when you look back, never really mattered anyway.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend folks.xxx






11 comments:

  1. Exactly right-- every moment of every day counts so why waste them sweating the small things?
    I wish we had castles here. We have big houses (like The Biltmore), but they aren't nearly castle-ish enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pics and I see you had perfect weekend. I had some trips too. Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherish every moment! beautiful and fun looking pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So true! What a beautiful post and an important reminder to us all! This looks like an amazing day out! That garden is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great reminder!! I need to remember this more often! I have always wanted to see a real castle, it is so beautiful!! I am glad you got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que lindo jardim! Adorei suas fotos! Beijos
    http://antonellaesuaboneca.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice and cute kid ...i liked his kids dresses amazing... you really enjoy with your kids and remember the time

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby on the little cannon looks like Winston Churchill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 786Shop (Online Clothing Store)
    We have trendy and unique designs Wedding and party wears. pakistani and indian dresses. for more detail visit us.
    786Shop

    ReplyDelete