Monday 20 May 2013

Sunday Summary 2

Once a year, Newcastle comes alive at night (or rather, more so than usual)for The Late Shows. The concept is pretty cool: numerous venues that are normally closed to the public or, at least closed at night, open their doors to everyone. Everyone who attends gets a funky glow stick so people wander round the city illuminated, as though we're all part of some secret society.The best bit? It's all pretty much free of charge. 

In the past, I've attended with friends and was usually accompanied by a cheeky bottle of sloe gin in my bag for top-ups when walking round the venues. This year, we had the boys with us and it added a new, more placid vibe to the night. We began with dinner at a local Lebanese restaurant Albaik.



{Falafel is probably one of my fav foods of all time}

{Amusing how in every photo Finn is eye-balling the food}

We managed to fit in a visit to a pottery, a print works and Seven Stories (the national centre for children's books aka heaven for two English teachers) where they had exhibitions on Enid Blyton and 'How to Train a Dragon'.

{In the story telling chair with my boys}

{Ben trying his hand at being a Viking}

{The Gruffalo and his little friend}

{Handsome boy}

{Funky graffiti}

{Runaway horses above a doorway}

{Ben tries his hand at operating the printing press}

Another lovely weekend, and the best part? Next week it's half-term so Steve and Ben are off for a whole week!




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!
    The falafel looks great too!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay half term & vacation days!! What a wonderful idea-- I wish our little downtown would do something like that {currently its in the process of dying a slow & painful death, though there have lately been attempts to revive it}.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really sounds like a great weekend! Falafel is one of my most favorite foods too! They taste so delicious!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I love yours! Love the fact that you have a dog and a bunny! I will definitely follow and come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Looks like a good time!
    xoxo

    www.cakeandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun outing and adorable boys!! Thanks for visiting my blog and following! I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog - great pics .... I tried falafel for the first time last week :O Lovely!!

    CC x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Backpack Thanks for sharing this article. For more save huge money while Online Shopping offers. u can visit our site
    Very good article, I enjoyed reading your post, very good part, I want to tweet this to my followers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete