Thursday 30 May 2013

Style slump- update 1

Eurgh, I'm so frustrated with being in a style slump (which I first mentioned here). I know that LOGICALLY I really need some chic basics to wear day to day but instead I went out and purchased these Zara bad boys...


You can buy them here

Yes, they are gorgeous, yes, they're a bargain at only £19.99 but do I need them? Er, that'll be a big fat NO then!

This is why I think the personal shopper may be helpful, I'm always tempted to buy with the heart, not the head; these heels, gorgeous as they are, have no place in my life at the moment.

On  a more productive note, I have booked in with the personal shopper at House of Fraser, I have a package from ASOS with this sensible basic in (that I'll try tonight) and a giant package from J Crew due any day now. It's the first time I've tried J Crew but there is a further 25% off sale goods at the moment which made the price of their basics comparable to most high street stores and from what I can gather, they have a reputation for long-lasting, stylish basics.

Finally, I'm going to sit down later with a coffee and read this blog post here about finding your own style, I've only had a chance to have a quick glance but it defo looks interesting.

Another update coming soon, hopefully focusing on some things I need, not just gorgeous things I want!xxx

15 comments:

  1. love these heels!

    xx
    www.pretpenser.com
    www.pretpenser.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cute shoes!!

    you have such a lovely blog! We are now following you on GFC, we would love it if you follow us back :) and we can also follow on other platforms such as fb and twitter.

    http://www.footnotesandfinds.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I could pass those beauties up either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get it!!! I am a firm believer in Jcrew and was just scoping out their vintage tees in every color for the summer! I still have some Jcrew sweaters from college..and that was.. 13 years ago...YIKES! Good luck..I will jump over and check out that link cause this mama needs some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, J. Crew is some good stuff! As long as you fit into their sizes, you'll find great staples. Also, Anne Taylor is pretty good to...more feminine, and Banana Republic. All American shops, but that's what I know best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shoes, I still haven't mastered heels at 35 and only wear wedges... definate need of a style overhaul here- sigh :)

    xox Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love j crew.....think they open in London soon...dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have several pairs of shoes that I own purely for artistic value lol! Can't wait to hear how the personal shopper goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwwww want same shoes http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I'm always tempted to buy with the heart, not with the head" oh my gosh, that is too cute-- I feel you, though-- how can something that seems so right (owning those heels) feel so wrong? ;__;
    Jessica | Vixenelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful. It's amazing how shoes can change the way you feel don't you think? (compare a pair of high heels to some sneakers)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pumps!

    http://kacieskloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Backpack Thanks for sharing this article. For more save huge money while Online Shopping offers. u can visit our site
    Very good article, I enjoyed reading your post, very good part, I want to tweet this to my followers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete