Friday 10 May 2013

Howick Hall

A rare and beautiful thing happened in England last bank holiday weekend- the sun came out; sunshine over a three day weekend is a seldom witnessed but beautiful creature. We made the most of it by enjoying every last ray while out and about in Northumberland, including our first visit to Howick Hall and Gardens (just past Alnwick).

After a long grey winter, it finally felt like spring had sprung!

{My baby boy}

{So delicate}

{Ben negotiating the map, the grounds were a LOT bigger than we had anticipated}


{Kissed by the sun's rays}

{Blossoms}

{Heavenly scent of Eucalyptus from the sticky sap of pine cones}

{You'd think Finlay was on solids the way he is eyeing up Steve's scone}

The weather justified a picnic, but as we had lunch before we went, we 'made do' with giant slices of cake and scones from the coffee shop. Howick Hall was the home of Earl Grey (as in the tea), so really we should have had some but instead opted for milkshakes!I had the courgette cake which, if you should visit, is a must.

In a totally random aside, I loved that top photo but it highlighted how desperately I need my hair doing; it look less dip-dyed and more like I've just let my roots run wild! I'm getting it cut and dyed tomorrow (with 11 week old baby in tow) so wish me luck! 

Hope you're enjoying a bit of warmth where ever you are,

Rach xxx




10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some sunshine! We had a nice warm weekend last week. Your boys are lovely! Sweet baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of a beautiful family! Makes me want to go exploring-- & have a wonderful beauty day {fingers crossed the baby will be particularly sleepy so you can enjoy the trip!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby boy Finn is beautiful and I'm so very happy you are back! Blogging is hard with a growing family so I understand completely the lack of posts. Don't check my blog it's been far too long for me as well. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the feel of your pictures and the borders. It's cool and exploring is one of Sarah & my favorite things to do!

    S&R
    http://www.CattailDown.Typepad.com

    Follow us on Blog Lovin'!
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7118895/cattail-down

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures... Sunshine is a beautiful thing.

    Tanya xx

    November Grey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw such lovely photos to sum up a beautiful family outing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW so CUTE pics:)I like your blog...Do you have twitter or fb to follow with??

    If you want some cute Swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

    Have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que paraíso este lugar cheio de flores! Lindas imagens! Beijos
    http://www.antonellaesuaboneca.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete