That said, I was a little bit
A Lovely Little Heart
- felt (about 50p a sheet from Hobbycraft)
- buttons (I got a giant bag for 99p from Hobbycraft)
- stuffing (pulled from one of Ben's old soft toys)
- fabric glue (again, Hobbycraft, £2.99)
1. Cut the your desired shape. To make two either fold fabric in half and cut at the same time of use the first shape as a template. You may want to pencil sketch onto the felt first.
2. Using fabric glue, stick buttons on (this holds design in place while you stitch). Once glue has dried (about 20 mins), stitch buttons on with thread. NB- it can be tough pushing needle through glued area so you may want to use one of those little rubber thumb protectors.
3. Glue the two shapes together and leave about 20mins. Leave a gap to add the stuffing.
4.Stitch round the edge, don't worry if it's not perfect- the glue should hold the stuffing in and it all adds to the charm (at least that's what I told myself).
5. Stuff it- poor Spongebob!
6. Tuck a little piece of ribbon in the top, glue the gap where you inserted it and, when dried, stitch over that.
Done! It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish but I found the whole experience really relaxing.I've since had a go at making bits on my friend's sewing machine and, I'm not going to lie, it's far easier and the results much more professional! I'll share those soon...
Take care and hope you're all having a lovely weekend.xxx