Monday 14 May 2012

It's been FOREVER...

Well, okay, it's only been just over a week since I last blogged (and even then it was a lame effort) but it seems like yonkys of donkeys ago.


I've started to really got for it at the gym in order to shift those last few pounds for summer and have decided my fav classes are: body pump, core stability and urban bounce. I'm off again tonight for another session, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (or in this case, makes you walk like John Wayne for a few days and cry if anybody touches you- seriously- sitting on the toilet is uncomfortable as my bum muscle ache so much)!


When not at the gym, I've been:
Bathing with these pretty bath bombs to sooth my sore and weary limbs (they do make your mop very greasy though)

Avoiding tempting food like this cascade of Florentines I mean, come on! Someone was seriously trying to test me at the bakery on Saturday.

Walking with my boys 

Well, have to dash because I'm off to sweat, squat and generally gurn in agony at the gym- hope you all have something far more enjoyable planned for the evening.xxx



13 comments:

  1. Good on ya for going to the gym!! I really need to do that too...but won't as I am perpetually & perennially lazy...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time at the gym! I think you just inspired me to work out today. We'll see if the inspiration lasts till 6pm when I get home though ;)

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing beats a good bath bomb to de-stress and relax after a hard days work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome Rachael. I use the computer/blog as an excuse not to go to the gym. I'm averaging about once per week at the gym. I would like to get back to doing Body Pump too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love body pump, I totally use the weakling weights but I'm working on building up to something more impressive!x

      Delete
  5. Those bath bombs looks so pretty! Almost like yummy cupcakes!!
    As far as your workouts, go you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love bath bombs!

    http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had classes like that to kick my bum in to gear. I can only workout when forced, haha. Those bath bombs look delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In response to your comment on my blog post:
    The only thing I can say is just let them know you are there for them. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Just letting them know they aren't alone really is the best thing that you can do.

    I wish I could be of more help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, thank you. It's hard knowing if you should say anything to them or not. Thanks for the advice.Rx

      Delete
  9. I totally thought those bath bombs were cakes, I was sitting here thinking how delicious they look haha!

    I've popped by to answer your question on my blog about places to visit in paris (sorry I'm late getting back to you)

    Personally, if you only have a few days, I'd recommend visiting The Louvre (but only if you like art, it lives up to the hype) Montmartre (for cobbled streets and artists/ the Amelie cafe and Moulin Rouge/Sacre Coeur) and the Notre Dame (just because it is seriously the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on)

    The Champs Elysee is good for shopping too, and the arc de triomphe is at the end of it so you can tick two things off at once

    Hope this helps! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for all the tips! I'd love to visit La Louvre but I'm not sure Ben would cope with the queuing at the height of summer. I'll defo be checking out some of your other suggestions though and Disney for Ben (although we haven't told him yet)!Rx

      Delete
  10. Thank GOD I wasn't the only person who thought those bath bombs were cakes, Mmmm mmmm they look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete