Wednesday 8 February 2012

Thursday through the keyhole (bedroom)

I love looking at home interiors on blogs: partially for inspiration and partially (if I'm honest) because I'm probably a bit of a nosey-parker! So, rather than be all 'Look at my home', I thought it would be great to share just a few simple things from each room, small details that are easy to imitate/ get inspiration from without blowing the budget or re-decorating your whole home. 

I know I have a limited readership (just over 140 views to date!) but I'd still love others to use this idea to share the small and personal details that make your house your HOME! 

Here's some of mine, starting with the bedroom, please excuse the awful artificial lighting, at the moment it's dark when we leave for work and dark when we return!
{Beautiful plates that are too lovely to eat off, hung on the wall. You can justify buying one or two more expensive plates and using them for display; especially good if, like me, you have a tendency to be a tad clumsy with those used for food on a daily basis}

 {Candle holders used for jewellery. The necklace tree was about £3 from Ikea but you could use any structural item for this}

{Personal with the practical: beautiful old books given by my dad with a cheap candle holder used to store make-up brushes etc}

{Steve's side of the bed: we'll never have a show home but matching bedside lamps add a feeling of organisation}

{My side: I have a candle/ drinks coaster too but they don't match Steve's. Artwork provided by Ben}

As I said before, apologies for the uninspiring lighting but I'd love to share those small touches that are do-able rather than aspirational. Next Thursday I'll be covering another room and as it's half-term and we'll get to see some daylight, the photos should be a little better. Tomorrow I'll be posting my feed the family Friday post and as soon as I get a chance I'll post about the Valentine's Craft Night I'm going to tonight. Until then, Rx 

1 comment:

  1. just came across your blog & it is oh so cute! I'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete